The Healthy Communities of Clinton County Coalition was formed in 2006. The coalition is a partnership of healthcare providers, service care providers, educators and community leaders who are interested in addressing issues of health in Clinton County community. The coalition is committed to making permanent changes by encouraging policy, systems and environmental changes. The recipient of grants, totaling over $500,000 over the past 5 years, the coalition is working in major areas that focus on changes that will make the “Healthy Choice the Easy Choice”. The Community Action Plan, developed after receiving funds from the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) includes initiatives to increase physical activity, provide better access to healthy foods, provide nutrition education, the creation of new wellness policies in schools and worksites, reduce the use of tobacco and reach non-English speakers.
This website was created with the goal of educating the public as well as our partners about the continuing efforts of the coalition. In addition, we would like to offer this site as a place for the community to find resources that promote health and safety in our county.
The coalition meets every 2nd Thursday of the month at the HCCCC’s office at 1458 Oak St., Suite B, Frankfort, IN 46041. The meetings are at 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. and a healthy lunch is provided. The phone number at this location is 765-659-6063. Everyone is welcome.
We hope you enjoy the resources you find here! For more information or suggestions please contact Carol Price at 765-659-6063.
Healthy Communities Partners
- Area IV Head Start
- Clinton County Chamber of Commerce
- Clinton County Government
- Clinton County Health Department
- Clinton Prarie School Corporation
- Community Mental Health Center
- Community Schools of Frankfort
- Frankfort City Government
- Healthy Families
- Indiana State Department of Health
- National Association of Chronic Disease Directors
- Purdue University Extension Service
- Riley Neighborhood Association
- Rossville Community School Corportation
- St. Vincent Frankfort Hospital
- St. Vincent Health
- USDA Food & Nutrition Program
- Wesley Manor Retirement Community